Friday, April 06, 2007

 

Haitus

Dear readers:

I feel I owe you something of an apology.

I haven't written for three months, and you may be wondering what happened to me.

I'm still here.

My new job drains away creative energy that I used to tap for this blog and others. I spend my days writing letters to VIPs, explaining the complex operations and programs of a giant government enterprise in simple, clear, direct language. It's not as easy as it sounds.

I also do a huge amount of editing of the written work of others.

Intense pressure and amazingly short deadlines - yesterday I had four hours to comb through a year's reports and make a half-dozen phone calls, then compile a report - these have taken a toll.

Jane says I'm a lot more grouchy than before.

My home business is starting to take off - we are consistently turning a solid profit from week-to-week. And I have discovered that I enjoy using my wits as an entrepreneur and succeeding well at it. In short, making money can be fun.

But, like everything else, it takes time.

I have no plans to abandon blogging. I have some initiatives under way to shed some responsibilities at work and simplify, through automation, others. I am refining my home business operation so that certain tasks that took as long as an hour now take only a few minutes.

So check back in a month or so. There might be something here worth reading.

Cheers!

Comments:
Hooray! Thanks for checking in again. You have been missed and I do hope that you will be able to blog more regularly in the future. As you know, I always find your take on things to be very thought-provoking. I look forward to that happening again and I will check back in a month or so.
Jan
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Visit My Current Blog!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?