Friday, May 19, 2006

 

The First Hour of Work, Friday, May 19

I approved two cases, each paying over $50,000.00 on the initial payment. My approval typically commits the government to payment $500,000 up to $1,000,000 over the life of the claim. I have approved as many as 20 such cases in a single day. One of the two approved this morning was approved only after I had sent it back to the technician to correct errors. Even then, I still ended up making minor corrections myself.

I called a lawyer about errors made by a judge on one of his cases. Since it deals only with the legal fees in this case - total over $15,000 - we can work out any problems without further court action.

I turned down a chance to take a course on effective writing - who has time?

And, did all the other things I do every morning - read my e-mail, responded to urgent messages, picked up my phone messages and read the latest updates on our technical processes.

It's a living.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Visit My Current Blog!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?