Thursday, October 27, 2005

 

Paul Morrison Runs for Kansas AG

The recent announcement by Paul Morrison that he has switched to the Democratic party and will run against ultra-conservative Phil Kline gives us all hope that genuine two-party politics may return to Kansas.

The extremists who presently control Kansas politics are succeeding in driving more moderate people out of the party. It remains to be seen if their drive for power exceeds their drive for ideological purity. My feeling is that they will be unable to bend enough on what they think are their God-inspired positions to allow any kind of moderation. My hope is that Paul Morrison is leading the way for others to follow.

I know Mr. Morrison, have had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, and he's been a guest in my Sunday School Class. (He made the only argument in favor of capitol punishment that made sense to me).

He is an intelligent, reasonable voice running for an office that desperately needs him.

Good luck, Mr. Morrison, and thanks!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Visit My Current Blog!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?